Saturday, September 22, 2018

Meaningful Words Gift Ideas

Hi everybody! Kim here from My Kraft Kloset sharing a wonderful way to capture meaningful words that describe somebody special using these amazing antique silver pieces from Craft Fantastic.  With the holidays sneaking up on us, you maybe starting to think about special gifts you can make and these are very affordable. So, follow along as I show you a unique way to send a special message or express your feelings and capture them forever.


Let's get started...

1. Choosing from hundreds of Craft Fantastic images is always the hardest part. And usually you see my collage projects where I cut out 1-2 words, but for this project I chose to use a section of words already on the word collage sheet.


I made this necklace for my Aunt and these words were all very personal to me and very descriptive of her. But don't fret if it doesn't easily work out that way, you can certainly cut the words apart, group together, and glue onto another sheet and make a collage of something similar. 


2. I added a few drops of iridescent glitter glue to give it some sparkle. Allow time to dry so the glitter doesn't stick to your glass and obstruct your view of the words. Can you see the sparkles?


3. Once dry, add several drops of Glaze & Glue onto an XL Glass Round and place over the word image, and press gently for a few minutes until set. Wipe off any excess glue around the edges with a Q-tip. Allow a few minutes to dry.


4. Once dry, cut around the glass and cut out the word image. Next I chose a stunning XL antique silver tray to give it a classy timeless look.

I was going to add this small square image tray to this project too, which is why it's pictured here, but I changed my mind. Better to make too many choices than not enough. And I'll use it for another gift.


5. Adhere several Fantastic Super Sticky Dots to the tray, because you'll want to use more dots on the larger trays. Remove red sticky dot backings and place the glass word image in the tray. And press gently to set.


6. Repeat steps 3-5 above to create the letter "g" in this project, which reminds me of an old vintage typewriter text. Cool, right? Once dry, place glass letter image in this small, but very classy looking tray. And press gently to set.

7. Attach the silver angel wing charm with a small jump ring and pliers. And add all three pieces to a beautiful silver chain to complete.

These angel wings are one of my favorite charms. Aren't they beautiful? You've probably seen me use them on several of my projects. I just can't help it, they remind me of guardian angels watching over that special person. I just love them!

Voila! There you have an incredibly meaningful gift idea for that somebody special on your holiday gift giving list. I hope I've inspired you to use your words and spread kindness this Holiday Season and all year long!


Be sure to check out our *NEW* Designer Kits-of-the Month and get started early on a few custom gifts for all your upcoming special occasions. The possibilities are truly endless with these amazing Craft Fantastic products that help you personalize any project! Leave us a comment and tell us what you think or what your making and share with us.
Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. I love this necklace. Your Aunt Genevieve (Gene, Gertrude, Gwen . . . haha, I'm guessing of course) is going to adore it. Thanks for sharing the step-by-step process, and yes, that one image shows the glittery sparkles very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Priscilla. I'm glad you love it. It's a fairly easy process. And my Aunt Ginger, did LOVE it, but you were very close. lol

      Delete
  2. So fun, and Stamp and Scrapbook expo sent me over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! And thank you, Diane. Hope you had fun at the Expo. I love going to the Expo's...I always learn so much and have so much fun! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. thanks consequently a good deal as you've got been willing to pension guidance taking into account us. we are able to always appreciate every and every and each one in all one one allowance of allocation of you have completed here because you've got made my take impact as clean as ABC. Best Gifts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments mean so much to us.