Thursday, September 6, 2018

Magnetic Chore Signs

Hi everybody! Kim here from My Kraft Kloset and it’s back to school time around my house. Which means new schedules and back to chores. And recently nobody could remember if the dishes in the dishwasher were clean or dirty, so we had to wash them again. I immediately realized, we needed a sign system and that's what I'm sharing with you today using these amazing Craft Fantastic alphabet images in your kitchen. Yes, I said kitchen.


Let's get started...for today’s project I’m going to show you how to make clean and dirty magnetic signs to place on your dishwasher. But you can turn any of these images into a magnet.  

1.  Using a 1” square punch tool, punch out the letters from the alphabet image sheets or you can use scissors. Here I used black TYPEWRITER KEYS mini & small glass sizes and ALPHABET #1 mini & small glass sizes for the two different words. 


2.  From a craft store, get a magnetic sheet. Or do what I did, and reuse old flat magnets or free ones that come on the new phone books and just cover them up with these alphabet letters. Yep, they still deliver those. (lol) 


3.  Add a Fantastic Super Sticky Dot on the back of each letter and place them in a row along the edge of the magnetic sheet to spell out your word. 

4.  Cut the whole word out from the magnetic sheet with scissors.

5.  Then place a clear piece of packing tape over the whole word to seal it from wear and tear and water. Keeping the tape just on the front. Trim the clear tape to fit the new magnet. Repeat steps for second word. (or you can seal it with any clear sealer or spray from the craft store.) I just used what I had on hand. 


For this tutorial only,  I put both signs on the dishwasher to show you the final results. But when it’s time for chores, we only use one sign on the dishwasher and put the other sign on the refrigerator, as to not confuse anybody, anymore. And now there is no more guessing if the dishes are "clean" or "dirty" and it’s working out perfectly. Voila! Craft Fantastic products to the rescue.

I hope I’ve inspired you to use your crafts in and around your home and to think outside the box about other things you can label too! Let me know what you think, we love comments and new ideas. And be sure to check out our *NEW* Designer Kits-of-the Month and get started on some amazing projects of your own. The possibilities are endless with Craft Fantastic!
Thanks for stopping by! 

Kim Klinkovsky @mykraftkloset

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments mean so much to us.