Saturday, August 19, 2017

Masculine Gifts: Dog Tags + Key Rings


Hi everybody! Kim here from My Kraft Kloset sharing a special gift I made for my husband to commemorate our Wedding Anniversary using these vintage looking products from Craft Fantastic.


Usually it's really hard for me to make anything for my husband, besides just a handmade card and he gets those ALL the time. (lol) But when I came across this fabulous Key Ring Kit and those old time typewriter numbers, I just knew I could make something really cool and special for him.

Let’s get started:


1. Gather up all your supplies from these links: SMALL RECTANGLE PENDANT KIT silver, KEYRINGS W/ CLIPS silver, NUMBERS #2 mini & small glass sizes, Fantastic Glaze & Glue, Fantastic Super Sticky Dots, and Q-tips.


2. Choose your image. I'm using the old time typewriter Numbers. And I used a 1" square punch to punch them out and just trimmed a little bit off the insides to fit inside the tray. And laid them side by side on a scratch piece of white copy paper. (Because they weren't side by side on the image sheet)

3. Next I chose this funky Rectangle Pendant Kit because it reminded me of military dog tags and my husband being a US Army Veteran, I knew he'd love that connection. I added a few Fantastic Glaze & Glue droplets onto the back of a glass rectangle and placed over the images. Move your glass around to position your image, and add a little pressure to get any bubbles out.


4. Pull up around the glass quickly, so it won't stick to the copy paper, and when I did that it created these little tears across the top. Which my first thought was I ruined my project and I'd have to start over. But it turns out they were really cool and rustic. So, I pulled a little around each of the outer edges to create a distressed look. Hold in place for a couple minutes to set and let dry. This created a very unique, rugged, and masculine look.

5. Once set, use a Q-tip to remove any excess glue around the edges of the glass. Cut around the glass and cut out the image. If any of your image comes apart from the glass, just dab a little more glue around the inside edges with a toothpick, press, and hold until it dries.


6. Add a couple Fantastic Super Sticky Dots to the silver rectangle tray, peel off red backing, place glass image into the tray, and press down to secure in place.

7. Put the ring onto the clip (from the kit) and slide the finished "96" image piece onto the ring too. And now it's ready to add keys or even charms. Or take the dog tag off the key ring and add it to a chain and he can wear it as a necklace too! Extra Bonus!


Voila! A personalized handmade key ring that is super special for my husband and your special guy too!

I hope I’ve inspired you to try these wonderful Craft Fantastic products and try a kit or two, because the possibilities are truly endless! Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think, we’d love to hear from you.
Thanks for stopping by!

-Kim Klinkovsky @mykraftkloset

3 comments:

  1. Very cool idea using the rectangular tray. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am curious to find out what blog system you have been using? I'm experiencing some minor security issues with my latest website and I'd like to find something more safe. Do you have any recommendations?
    beach home decor wholesale

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering if you ever considered changing the page layout of your blog? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say. But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having 1 or 2 images. Maybe you could space it out better?
    wholesale timber plates

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments mean so much to us.