I went to the Scrapbook Expo a couple of weeks ago and met Tina and Gloria at the Craft Fantastic Booth! My daughter and nieces sat down to participated in a free make and take.
While I watched them, I noticed some of the necklaces that were on display. My eyes were stuck on this piece:
I asked Gloria how did she create these pieces and she told me to use Sea Glass. I wasn't sure what sea glass was or where to get it. She said any big box store would carry them. That was all I needed to get started.
Let's take a look:
Delicious aren't they? I love how the beads look in the trays. Now do you want to know how to create these?
Here's how to create these necklaces:
- Decide which tray you want to use.
- Add one layer of the Glaze and Glue so that it covers the bottom of the tray.
- Add one layer of Sea Glass on top of the glue.
- Let it dry for 2 hours.
- Once the first layer dries, add another layer of glue on top of the sea glass.
- Add another layer of sea glass and let it dry for another 2 hours.
- Once that last layer dries, add one more layer of glue on top of the sea glass.
- Let it dry completely!
- Add the charm using a large jump ring.
Amazing right!! I love how they turned out. They are solid necklaces.
Lets take a closer look:
So what do you think? Would you consider creating necklaces with sea glass? Please let me know below. I would love to hear from you!!
Just in case you didn't know you can find Craft Fantastic on all of the social media platforms:
Follow so that you don't miss out on any of the creative ideas, deals and new goodies that appear in the store.
Thank you so much for stopping by!!