Saturday, August 26, 2017

How To Create A Sea Glass Necklace

Hello everyone!!!  Kymona from Kreative Kymona here today to share how to create a sea glass necklace.

I went to the Scrapbook Expo a couple of weeks ago and met Tina and Gloria at the Craft Fantastic Booth! My daughter and nieces sat down to participated in a free make and take.

While I watched them, I noticed some of the necklaces that were on display.  My eyes were stuck on this piece:


I asked Gloria how did she create these pieces and she told me to use Sea Glass.  I wasn't sure what sea glass was or where to get it. She said any big box store would carry them.  That was all I needed to get started. 

Let's take a look:


Delicious aren't they?  I love how the beads look in the trays.  Now do you want to know how to create these?  

Here's how to create these necklaces:

  • Decide which tray you want to use.
  • Add one layer of the Glaze and Glue so that it covers the bottom of the tray.
  • Add one layer of Sea Glass on top of the glue.
  • Let it dry for 2 hours.
  • Once the first layer dries, add another layer of glue on top of the sea glass.
  • Add another layer of sea glass and let it dry for another 2 hours.
  • Once that last layer dries, add one more layer of glue on top of the sea glass.
  • Let it dry completely!
  • Add the charm using a large jump ring.
Amazing right!!  I love how they turned out.  They are solid necklaces. 

Lets take a closer look:


So what do you think?  Would you consider creating necklaces with sea glass? Please let me know below.  I would love to hear from you!!

Just in case you didn't know you can find Craft Fantastic on all of the social media platforms:

Facebook  ~  Instagram  ~  Pinterest  ~  Twitter  ~  Blog


Follow so that you don't miss out on any of the creative ideas, deals and new goodies that appear in the store.

Thank you so much for stopping by!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is lovely! I'll have to check out sea glass next time I'm out shopping !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments mean so much to us.