Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Flower Resin Cabs/A Little Shabby Chic



I love the Flower Resin Cabs, they remind me of vintage buttons, just a touch of shabby chic!
They come in assorted colors and my favorite is to pair the black cabs with antique silver trays and the other colors with the antique brass trays.  Products used in making the above projects are:

New Peacock Tray in Antique Brass and Antique Silver
New Scallop Tray in Antique Brass and Antique Silver
Flower Resin Cabs (black, soft peach, dusty lilac and pale yellow)
pinch bails brass and silver
Retro Round Bracelet Kit Antique Brass
24" rolo chain brass/silver
24" classic chain brass/silver
Fantastic Glue and Glaze
Fantastic (Sticky) Jeweler's Dots


The Retro Round Bracelet Kit comes with 8 small glass rounds if you want to make a bracelet with images instead of using the cabs ( as shown in the above photo).


I started by adding a sticky dot to all the trays, however, when working with the resin cabs you may want to stack 2/3 dots as to insure proper adherence to the tray.  I sometimes add just a dab of the Fantastic Glaze and Glue to the tray also.  Then I added all the cabs to the trays and bracelet and put them on the 24" chains.  The bracelet is elastic so it will fit all wrists. 



The new Scallop trays will require a pinch bail or a jump ring so you can then attach the tray to the 24" chain of your choice.  I like the look of these trays with the flower resin cabs on a 24" chain, to give a more of a classic looking necklace/pendant.



I just love all the new trays that Craft Fantastic is adding and it creates endless possibilities when making new jewelry! Please check out my Facebook page Junquedrawerdesigns and also my blog with the same name. See you in 2 weeks!  Liz 






4 comments:

  1. Wow! Liz, I love the Flower Resin Cabs too and the vintage look is so pretty. Great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Flower Resin Cabs are such a lovely and quick way to create a handmade gift! Fabulous projects, Liz!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG these are beautiful!! Can't wait to get some!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments mean so much to us.