Saturday, November 11, 2017

Thanksgiving Name Cards and Napkin Rings

Hi everybody! Kim here from My Kraft Kloset sharing a couple of Fall projects I created using these amazingly detailed New Thanksgiving images from Craft Fantastic to decorate your table for the holidays or any special occasion. 


How to make Name Cards for place settings: 


For this project I choose to use a couple 6x6 paper pads, because I have a lot of them (lol), but also because they're already measured and easy to use.  I cut the bottom layer, an orange checkered or houndstooth type patterned paper at 2 ¼" x 6."  Then cut the red dot paper a smidge smaller at 2" x 6."  And adhere the red strips to the orange bottom layers (with an adhesive runner) as shown below.


I printed our names from my computer, in black, on cream colored cardstock, at a 36pt font, with an Edwardian Script font.  And cut each card 1 ¾" x 3 ¼" and adhered to each panel.  Or you could also use any of our alphabet images to create names too!


These new Thanksgiving image sheets are just beautiful and can be used for so many things. I chose several different images for my cards so you can see them up close. Cut out each image and adhere to the cardstock panel with Fantastic Glaze & Glue so the images will lay flat.


Score each card lightly at 3 ½" so you don't cut through your cards.


Fold and crease the name cards so they will stand up as shown below.


To personalize a couple cards I added a touch of rosemary from my garden and adhered with Fantastic Glaze & Glue too. And now you're ready to put each card at each persons place setting at the dinner table.


How to make Napkin Rings: 



I started with an empty toilet paper roll. I know what you are thinking and you can use a paper towel holder or some big box craft stores sell brand new paper rolls too. Really!


I cut the toilet paper roll at 2 ¼" to create a nice size ring. Cut an orange checkered strip 2 ¼" x 6"  and a red dot strip 2"x 6" (same size as our place cards above, to keep it easy) and adhered them together.  Then attached the strip to the napkin ring with Fantastic Super Sticky Dots. You need a super strong adhesive or the paper will pop off and your project will fall apart before dinner. And we don't want that. So, I also wrapped bakers twine around the napkin ring a few times to secure it in place too.


I selected this large leafy image (upper right corner) as my bottom border, cut it out, and set aside. And I selected the "Happy Turkey Day" sentiment image to go on top of the leafy image.  Added several drops of Fantastic Glaze & Glue to a Large Glass Square and adhered to the sentiment image. Press firmly and wait a couple minutes until dry. Wipe any excess glue around the edges with a Q-tip. Cut out the glass image piece to layer it upon the large leafy image and adhere with several Fantastic Super Sticky Dots.


Adhere the whole square piece to the napkin ring with several Fantastic Super Sticky Dots to hold it in place. And tied a sprig of rosemary from my garden with bakers twine, add napkins, and your table is set for dinner.


Voila! Your guests have a personalized souvenir to take home or you have special embellishments to use in a scrapbook of the day. Either way it's a couple of great projects using card making or scrapbooking supplies along with these wonderful Craft Fantastic products. Because they really aren't just for jewelry making anymore. The possibilities are truly endless!  I wish you all health and happiness this holiday season. Happy Thanksgiving! Thanks for stopping by!

-Kim Klinkovsky @mykraftkloset  

Other Supplies: Q-tips, Scissors, Cream Cardstock from Stampin Up, Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells 6x6 orange checkered/houndstooth patterned paper, BoBunny Soft Shades 6x6 red Double Dot patterned paper, Scoreboard, and toilet paper rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments mean so much to us.