Today I'm going to share with how to create this heart necklace that I created for my sister!
Take a look:
My sister is going to love this necklace. I can't wait to give it to her. She has a love affair with Paris. When she had her first daughter, she made a promise to bring her to Paris when she gets older. The time is drawing near so I figured this necklace is so perfect for her.
Here is how I created this necklace:
1. I picked out the image that I wanted to appear in the necklace from Craft Fantastic Paris Image
2. Then I picked out the Antique Brass Medium Heart Pendant and the Medium Glass Heart but later changed my mind and switch to the Silver Medium Heart Pendant. The image looked so much better in the silver vs the antique.
3. Next, I added Fantastic Glaze & Glue 2 to the glass heart. I added about 7 to 8 drops.
4. Then I placed the heart on top of the image making sure the glass covered parts of the image I wanted to see. I press down hard so that the glue moves and cover the entire image underneath.
5. I waited for about 2-3 minutes to make sure the glue set. I used my finger to push the glass a bit. If it does not move, then it's set.
6. Once the glue set, I used a Q-tip to remove the excess glue around the edges.
7. Before placing the glass heart in the tray, I added one Fantastic Jeweler's Dot in the center of the try. You can see it in the picture above. Once the dot is in place, remove the red backing.
8. Place the heart directly in the try and press down. The tape is strong and will hold the glass.
9. After that I strung the 24" Silver Ball Chain through the heart pendent.
10. To finish the necklace off, I added a Silver Cute Heart Charm. To do that I add a Silver Pinch Bail to the heart charm so that I could add it to the ball chain.
Nice and pretty simple. Once you create one the possibilities are endless!!
Paris Image Sheet
Silver Medium Heart Pendant
Medium Glass Heart
Fantastic Jeweler's Dots
24" Silver Ball Chain
Silver Pinch Bails
Silver Cute Heart Charm
So what do you think? Do you think my sister will love this piece of handmade jewelry? Would you give this jewelry making a try? Please let me know below. I would love to hear from you!!
Just in case you didn't know you can find Craft Fantastic on all of the social media platforms:
Follow so that you don't miss out on any of the creative ideas, deals and new goodies that appear in the store.
Thank you so much for stopping by!!