Thursday, February 11, 2016

Faux Toggle Heart Pendant




There's just enough time to squeeze in one more heart themed project before Valentine's Day! I love the look of a toggle pendant, so I reached for a few handy supplies and created a "faux" version. This pendant does not actually have a toggle. It's designed to slip over your head, but I pulled the end of the chain through the large jump ring and attached a small heart charm tray to give it the same stylish design of a traditional toggle.

Let's get started...

What You'll Need




Assorted Craft Fantastic Art Images - these were found on the Valentine's sheet.







Scissors

Cotton Swabs



I've gathered my tools and supplies and I'm ready to start!



I begin by adhering my selected images to my small and medium glass hearts and trimming them out.



I place a Fantastic Jeweler's Dot into each tray, remove the backing to expose the adhesive and firmly press my glass piece into each tray.



Using the pliers, I attach the large jump ring to the bail on the medium heart pendant.



Next, I remove the lobster clasp and 2 small jump rings from the 30" rolo chain.



I'll keep this lobster clasp to use on a future project.



Using one of my new small jump rings, I attach the large jump ring with the pendant to one end of the chain.



I pull the other end of the chain through the large jump ring and using another small jump ring I attach the small heart charm tray.



Voila! Isn't that a fun look!









It doesn't get much easier than that, but the finished look is sophisticated and unique. A perfect last minute Valentine's Day project! 

Did you enjoy this project? I post a new technique or project each week and you can have it delivered directly to your Inbox by signing up in the sidebar to receive Craft Fantastic blog updates by email!

Also, follow us on Facebook for new product peeks and special giveaways! Click HERE to learn more! 

See you next week with something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments mean so much to us.