Thursday, November 19, 2015

Tiered Butterfly Necklace!

Not so much a tutorial today as a project idea and recipe. Are you needing something a little different for someone special this holiday season? I have just the gift idea for you! A tiered butterfly necklace featuring some of the latest and greatest Craft Fantastic items added to our product line.

This 3-tiered necklace showcases a simple medium oval tray on the first strand, offset by a string of sweet petite flower connectors on the second strand, with a series of beautiful delicate butterfly charms rounding out the trio on the third strand.

This project took me about an hour to complete and there was lots of adjusting lengths and so forth, but I am really please with the results and would be happy (and proud) to give this as a gift.

Let's get started...

What You'll Need 

Craft Fantastic 30" Rolo Chains (3)

Craft Fantastic Medium Oval Tray

Craft Fantastic Medium Oval Glass

Craft Fantastic Flower Connectors (7)

Craft Fantastic Butterfly Charms (5)

Craft Fantastic Large Jump Rings (2)

Craft Fantastic Small Jump Rings - You'll need LOTS of these.

Craft Fantastic Lobster Clasp

Fantastic Glaze & Glue

Fantastic Jeweler's Dot

Pliers

Scissors

Cotton Swabs



Here's a look at my 3-tiered butterfly necklace. It's graceful and elegant; a lovely accessory the recipient would be proud to wear.



Here's a closer look. Lots of details on this one! I am head over heels in love with those Flower Connectors!



This project requires more supplies and time than some of my past blog projects, but if you need something special, this one fits the bill.



I started by selecting an image to correspond with my butterfly charms. 



Then I removed all of the lobster clasps and jump rings from the three rolo necklaces. I cut the first rolo down to 17" to allow for the addition of the 2 large and 2 small jump rings. I used the large jump rings to have adequate room to attach smaller jump rings for each of the 3 strands. I made sure to string my pendant tray on the strand before adding the larger jump rings. Here's my recipe for the first strand...

Lobster Clasp
Small Jump Ring
Large Jump Ring
Small Jump Ring
17" piece of Rolo Chain (with tray strung)
Small Jump Ring
Large Jump Ring 



Next, I cut my second rolo into pieces carefully measuring them out with a ruler. To be more accurate, I recommend counting the links. I had to fiddle with this strand to get the length I wanted and to make it clear the Medium Oval Tray from the first strand. I might do this piece again with a smaller tray. Here's my recipe for the second strand... 

Small Jump Ring 
4 3/4" piece of Rolo Chain
Small Jump Ring
Flower Connector
Small Jump Ring
1 1/8" piece of Rolo Chain
Small Jump Ring
Flower Connector
Small Jump Ring
1 1/8" piece of Rolo Chain
Small Jump Ring
Flower Connector
Small Jump Ring
1 1/8" piece of Rolo Chain
Small Jump Ring
Flower Connector 
Small Jump Ring
1 1/8"piece of Rolo Chain
Small Jump Ring
Flower Connector 
Small Jump Ring
1 1/8"piece of Rolo Chain
Small Jump Ring
Flower Connector
Small Jump Ring
1 1/8"piece of Rolo Chain
Small Jump Ring
Flower Connector 
Small Jump Ring
4 3/4" piece of Rolo Chain
Small Jump Ring 



Remember that the small jump rings from each strand will need to be attached to the two main jump rings for the closure and clasp.



To make the third and final strand, I cut a 24" length of rolo chain, attached small jump rings to each end and then affixed each of my butterfly charms along the bottom also using small jump rings.  Here's the recipe for the third strand...

Small Jump Ring
24" piece of rolo chain
Small Jump Ring
Add Butterfly Charms with Small Jump Rings



The finished piece! Imagine how many tiered necklaces you can create using Craft Fantastic elements. The possibilities are endless! I'm already thinking about my next piece. How about you?

Give this project a try and be sure to share pics on our Craft Fantastic Facebook Page! Also, be sure to follow this blog by email so you never miss a post! I share something new every week, so it's worth checking out. See you next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments mean so much to us.