Thursday, November 29, 2018

Holiday Bracelet Gift Idea

Hi everybody! Kim here from My Kraft Kloset and the season of giving has begun. I grabbed a few affordable jewelry kits and I'm making customized holiday gifts using these amazing Craft Fantastic products. I love how you can monogram, add a name, pick out special charms, or use beautiful images to personalize each handmade gift. Follow along and I'll show you just how easy it really is.


Let's get started...


I had a couple of monthly kits on hand and chose this Twist Bracelet Kit in antique brass, because I like the vintage look and you get a lot of pieces to get you started. It is beautiful as is, but I took it a few steps further to personalize it with some special pieces to make it unique for my mom. All supplies listed below.


Next choose your images. That's the hardest part, because they are all so beautifully designed.  I love these holiday image sheets with the poinsettias and sheet music, an angel, and the children seemed fitting for my mom.

The bracelet kit comes with 5 glass pieces and 5 trays. Take a small glass round, add a few drops of Glaze & Glue and place over the image. Press gently and hold for a couple minutes until set. Wipe away any excess glue around the edges with a q-tip. Allow to dry for a few minutes and cut out. Repeat for all 5 round holiday images. 


For the heart piece I chose my moms initial from the alphabet image sheet. I cut the word "mom" out from the collage word sheet and glued it onto the letter "H" image with a dab of Glaze & Glue. Wait a couple minutes to dry or it will distort your glass if wet. 

Then take a medium heart glass piece, add a few drops of Glaze & Glue and place over the whole image. Press gently and hold for a couple minutes until set. Wipe away any excess glue around the edges with a q-tip. Allow to dry for a few minutes and cut out.

Now all the assembling fun begins...


I lay everything out and keep it in piles to stay organized. 

For the blue bling shown above, I chose my moms birthstone, added a Super Sticky Dot to an antique butterfly tray, remove red backing, and place the bling into the tray and press gently to set. 


Next line up all your images, charms, and trays to see what configuration you want. 

Take all 5 antique round twist trays and an antique brass heart tray, add Super Sticky Dots to each tray, remove red backing, and place the images into the trays and press gently to set for a secure fit. (as shown above)

Using a pair of pliers, attach each tray to each other with small jump rings. 

Then I added a few of my favorite charms for a dash of holiday charm and special meaning, that I attached with small jump rings and a pair of pliers. Attached the lobster clasp and a couple of large jump rings from the kit to each end of the bracelet with pliers so it will close and this special holiday gift is ready to wrap. 


Voila! There you have a uniquely personalized holiday bracelet that is sure to please anyone on your list this holiday season. And I hope I've inspired you to grab a Kit-of-the-Month or two to give as gifts and create something fantastic! 


The possibilities are truly endless with these amazing Craft Fantastic products! Leave us a comment and tell us what you think of this project or what your making and share with us on social media. Thanks for stopping by! Happy Holidays!

~Kim Klinkovsky @mykraftkloset


Supplies Used:
TWIST BRACELET KIT antique brass 
MEDIUM GLASS HEARTS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments mean so much to us.