Saturday, April 1, 2017

My Garden 12x12 Scrapbook Layout

Happy Spring everybody! Kim here from My Kraft Kloset sharing a unique 12x12 scrapbook layout project I made with Craft Fantastic products and some scrapbooking supplies to show you how versatile these products are on layouts and cards too! And even though more snow is arriving in my area, I’m still thinking about Spring. Which is easy to do with these gorgeous *NEW* butterfly images and some of the flowers that have bloomed in my garden over the years. 

Let’s get started: 
1. I chose a 12x12” spring plaid patterned paper as my base. Cut a piece of green polka dot cardstock 12x6,” border punched the bottom, and adhered to the plaid paper. Then adhered and layered an 8.5x11” piece of turquoise cardstock to the layout.

2.  Next I printed my pictures in color on white cardstock, trimmed each picture leaving a white border around them, and adhered to the turquoise cardstock.

3. Added the title “My Garden” in green colored alpha stickers.


4. To make my own unique handmade embellishments to match my project I choose these new butterfly images. I could have used them flat as is, but I really wanted the magnified dimension you get with a glass round piece. 

 
5. Add some Craft Fantastic Glaze & Glue droplets onto the backs of the round glass and glue them onto the butterfly images. Move your glass around, add a little pressure to get any bubbles out, and make sure the surface is completely covered. Hold in place for a couple minutes. Let dry.


6. Once dry, use a Q-tip to remove any excess glue around the edges of the glass. Cut around the edges of the glass and cut out the butterfly images. 

7. Add a Fantastic Jewelers Dot to the back of each butterfly image and adhere to the layout.  And voila! You have a unique layout with handmade embellishments that will look great in a scrapbook. Or mount on canvas or in a frame for a one of a kind home decor piece. Or give as a special gift, as Mother’s Day is May 14th.


<<Bonus Card>> cut out butterfly image and adhere to card with a jewelers dot.

For more details check out the Craft Fantastic tutorials HERE.

I hope I’ve inspired you to try these fantastic products with your scrapbooking and card making supplies. Because the possibilities are truly endless! Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think, we’d love to hear from you.  Thanks for stopping by! 

~Kim Klinkovsky @mykraftkloset

Craft Fantastic Supplies: 
Q-tips and other supplies: Echo Park-Easter Collection; Gina K.-Blue Lagoon Cardstock; My Minds Eye-Beach Grass Cardstock; American Crafts-White Cardstock; EK Success Border Punch-Arch Scallop; Fancy Pants Designs Alpha Stickers-Baby Mine

1 comment:

  1. Superb use of of the Craft Fantastic glass cabs/images on a scrapbook layout, Kim! What an inspiring way to add a sweet little custom embellishment (or two, or three, or four!) to a page! So many possibilities! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments mean so much to us.