Saturday, June 23, 2018

Cherished Travel Pendant

Hi everybody! Kim here from My Kraft Kloset sharing a fun way to capture your special travels using these amazing antique silver pieces from Craft Fantastic. With Summer upon us, you maybe taking memorable trips or enjoying special activities that you may want to document. So, follow along as I show you a unique way to capture those memories and treasure forever.



Let's get started:

1.  Chose your image or memento. Could be a map, brochure, flyer, postcard, or picture from your travels. Just make sure it is one layer thick or see if you can peel it apart to make it one layer or your project may fall apart. You can also print your own maps on regular copy paper, see "here" for more details.



For this project I chose a one layer, real folding map of Tennessee I got free at the visitors center, because my hubby surprised me on a recent family vacation with a detour to Memphis to visit Graceland. I know it sounds corny, but I have LOVED Elvis ever since I was a little girl. And I always want to "stop by" for a visit whenever I am near there, which I'll admit, has been a few times over the years. If you ever have a chance to go...GO! It's amazing to see, touch, and tour! 

And I wanted to capture these visits with a special pendant to cherish my many memories of Graceland with a map of Memphis and special pieces that to me represent love, good luck/safe travels with a clover knot, angels, or maybe a guardian angel with the wing charms. 



2.  Now that I've chosen my location on the map. Add a couple drops of Glaze & Glue to a large glass round and place over the area you want and press gently for a few minutes until set. Wipe off any excess glue around the edges with a Q-tip. 

3.  Once dry, cut around the glass and cut out the image.

4.  Next I chose this stunning antique silver dangle tray that I could add several special charms to. Adhere a couple of Fantastic Super Sticky Dots to the tray. Use more dots if your tray is larger. Remove red sticky dot backing and place glass image in the tray.



5.  Attach charms to the bottom of the tray with small jump rings and pliers. 

6.  To complete this design I cut my chain in half with scissors and made them equal lengths on both sides. Using small jump rings and pliers, attach a V connector to each side of the chain. Attach a clover type knot connector to the bottom of the V connector and attach to the top of the tray using a small jump ring too. As shown with arrows in the picture below. 



Voila! There you have an amazing travel memento pendant, that you too can treasure Memphis in June, Walking in Memphis, or maybe you Left Your Heart in Memphis this summer. (lol-all song titles)  So, wherever your travels take you, now you can cherish your memories forever in this unique pendant or even a great key chain too. What can you design with your travel treasures? Show us on Facebook, we'd love to see them!



Be sure to check out our *NEW* Designer Kits-of-the Month and get started on your travel mementos or design custom gifts for your special occasions. The possibilities are endless with these amazing Craft Fantastic products! Leave us a comment and tell us what you think. Thanks for stopping by!

Kim Klinkovsky @mykraftkloset


Supplies Used:
DANGLE TRAY antique silver
LARGE GLASS ROUNDS
HEART CHARM silver
WING CHARM antique silver
V CONNECTOR antique silver
KNOT CONNECTOR antique silver
SMALL JUMP RINGS silver
24" CLASSIC CHAIN silver
FANTASTIC GLAZE & GLUE 2 oz.
FANTASTIC SUPER STICKY DOTS
MULTI PURPOSE JEWELRY PLIERS

Qtips
Real State Map

3 comments:

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments mean so much to us.