Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Elegant Rose Connector Pendant Necklace!


My favorite part of our line? Connectors. Hands down. They're more functional than charms, yet just as beautiful. They serve to link up all sort of interesting pieces and really allow the maker to share part of their personality in their art. 

Here I've created a simple opera length pendant designed without a clasp. Easy to put on; it hangs at an elegant length. Matching earrings makes this set extra special.

This is not really a tutorial. Instead, it's a recipe for you to create this piece at home.

What You'll Need

Necklace







Earrings






Needed for Both







I removed the lobster clasp and jump rings from a 30" rolo chain then trimmed it down to 20" using scissors. Next I attached the following to each end:

small jump ring
long rose connector
small jump ring
1" length of rolo chain (8 links)
small jump ring
long rose connector
small jump ring
1" length of rolo chain (8 links)
small jump ring

After I added these components to each end I connected the ends together using a large jump ring and added a long rectangle pendant tray. Voila! My elegant opera length pendant necklace is complete! 



The earrings were simple to make. I started with ear wires, attached a long rose connector, then a small jump ring, and finally a mini round charm tray. Easy peasy! 



A gorgeous necklace and earrings set ready to wear or to give! 



I have so many ideas for this...a special hostess gift, a custom creation for a favorite teacher, a mother's day gift for mom, a birthday gift for an aunt, a "just because" gift for my crafty gal pal...oh dear, I could just go and on!



Here it is one more time modeled by our Craft Fantastic team member, Suzanne :) The length is perfect and looks stunning against her gorgeous white tunic!

What will you create with the Long Rose Connectors? I would love to see! Join us on the Craft Fantastic Facebook Page for giveaways, product peeks, and inspiration! Also, sign up in the sidebar to receive blog posts right to your Inbox and you'll never miss out on the latest and greatest Craft Fantastic projects! 

See you next week with something new! 

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments mean so much to us.