Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Elegant Multi-Strand Pendant!


 

I was so inspired with the multi-strand, mixed metal necklace I featured on the blog last week that I just had to keep going! I have so many ideas that were sparked by that simple piece I don't even know where to start, however, I'm in a clean and elegant frame of mind, so I'll stick with the simple theme this week.

As I draped my finished piece from last week onto a black velvet neckwear display stand I couldn't help but picture a beautiful chunky pendant hanging from it. This week I have pared down that multi-strand necklace from 8 chains to just 3 and added a large basic pendant. The effort was minimal, but the results are rich and sophisticated. The additional chains give the pendants a lush feel. The look is substantial and tricks the eye into thinking this is a lavish, high-end piece.

This is not so much a tutorial as it is a recipe to create this special multi-strand design. Refer to last week's tutorial to see the mechanics of creating this necklace.

What You'll Need

Craft Fantastic Rolo Chains - 3 chains in your choice of finish and length.

Craft Fantastic Small Jump Rings

Craft Fantastic Large Jump Rings

Craft Fantastic Lobster Clasp

Craft Fantastic Pendant - You'll need a pendant with a large enough bail to accommodate 3 rolo chains.

Craft Fantastic Glass Cabochon - To match the size of your pendant.

Pliers











I am really smitten with this multi-strand design and I hope you are, too! The additional chains add so  much eye-catching detail, but maintain a sleek profile. Give this project a try and share your pics with us on the Craft Fantastic Facebook Page! 

Need more Craft Fantastic? Sign up to receive our monthly newsletter and you'll have access to special promotions and free gifts with purchase. Also, never miss a post by signing up to receive blog post updates right in your In Box! 

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments mean so much to us.