Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Assembling the Craft Fantastic Faux Leather Bracelet

I love to linger over long projects carefully selecting papers, images, embellishments, paints, inks, stamps, etc. Curating the detailed elements is perhaps the most satisfying part of an artistic endeavor for me. It's my favorite part of the process, when the ideas are flowing nonstop and each little button or ribbon I pick up inspires yet another creative spark. These types of projects pull me back to the studio table each day and cry out for my attention until the last little detail is finished. I love the satisfaction of gluing that final piece down. 

BUT, as much as I enjoy stretching out that process and basking in the luxury of creating at my own pace with no constraints, there are other times when that's the last thing I want to do. During those times, I need to bang out something fierce and beautiful in a matter of minutes. Decisions and details are minimal, but it needs to be special and it needs to represent me. When that feeling hits, my favorite 10-minute item is a Craft Fantastic Faux Leather Bracelet. It requires only one piece of glass, which takes only a minute to make, and assembling the straps, which takes a few more minutes. By my calculations, we're only up to 5-minutes, so why did I call it a 10-minute project? Because after you're finished you can relax and take 5-minutes to sit back and admire your handy work ;)

The trickiest step to finishing this piece is attaching the straps. I've had several questions as of late, so I thought I would take a few pics and show you how.



Let's get started...

What You'll Need

Faux Leather Bracelet Kit - This kit comes with all black straps or multi colored straps and provides enough glass and trays to complete 5 bracelets.

Your choice of image or photo.



Scissors

Scrap Sheet of Paper


We start with the Faux Leather Bracelet Kit. A package of fun! Enough straps, glass and trays to complete 5 bracelets. We carry this kit in either all black or assorted colors. Start this process by making your glass pieces as you normally would and setting them aside.



Take one of the straps and a tray. Unclasp the strap so that you have 2 separate pieces. 



Stick the loop of one of the straps through the front of the link on the side of the tray. This will be a tight fit, but if you wiggle and work it around, it will go through. Pull it slightly through the link about an inch. 



Pull the other end of the strap through the loop sticking out of the back of the tray.



Wiggle the strap around to tighten it. 



Here's a few pics from the other side. 







Remember those nail polish glass cabs I painted in an earlier tutorial? They look pretty swanky when used with these bracelets. 



Love this art image paired with a bracelet in aqua. 



The bracelet below features one of the glittered cabs I made in last week's post. Plus another bracelet featuring a retro image from the Halloween art image sheet. 



And, finally, here's one of the glittered cabs I created 2 weeks ago. 



Now that you have the scoop on attaching the Faux Leather Bracelet straps, there's no reason not to make oodles of these for hostess gifts, bridal and baby shower projects, school fundraisers, and of course, holiday stocking stuffers.

Come back next week for something new! Visit me at our Craft Fantastic Facebook Page and don't forget to follow this blog via email by signing up in the sidebar!  

2 comments:

  1. This bracelet is fabulous and I just love the images available to put in them! I will be at the Scrapbooking Expo in Marlborough, Mass on Sept. 18th, and was wondering if you had any coupons available for that days purchase. I'm super excited to come visit your booth!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you ever do printing in faux leather? Would be cool to see a tutorial on that

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments mean so much to us.